Specialized Testing Performed by Dr. Richard Tye, Optometrist, Barrie
In addition to routine eye examinations, Dr. Tye utilizes advanced technology to diagnose and monitor your eye health concerns.
With the latest technology in eye examination equipment, Dr. Tye provides:
- Digital Retinal Imaging - Imaging, or photographing, the retina, including the optic nerve, blood vessels, and macula. These images assist in the detection and monitoring of many eye diseases, some of which include diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, glaucoma, and retinal vascular disease.
- Visual Field Analysis – Determines an individual’s entire visual field, central and peripheral. It is important in the detection and monitoring of glaucoma, optic nerve disease, the effects of some medications, and many other ocular and neurological disorders.
- Pachymetry – Measures the thickness of the cornea. It is beneficial to assess candidacy for refractive surgery (LASIK / PRK) and diagnosing glaucoma and keratoconus.
- Laser Eye Surgery Co-management – Determining candidacy for refractive surgery including appropriate referrals and all post-operative care.
- Emergency / Specialized Care – Examinations in cases of sudden vision loss, floaters, flashing lights, foreign objects in eyes, eye infections or inflammation, etc.
Make an Appointment
If you are experiencing eye or vision issues of any kind, or if you haven’t been examined by an eye doctor in more than a year, please call to make an appointment with Dr. Tye. His compassionate staff will make you feel right at home.